Thursday, July 1, 2010

Too Many Topics, Not Enough Time

I want to update this all the time, but I have too many ideas and not enough time. Here are some of the ideas that I would like to write about, to address, when I finally have the time:

An open letter to the women on a website who are arguing for free contraception. Two things: number one, they don't define what "free" actually means. Someone has to pay for it. They mean "free to them," but they have no concept of facts. Point number two; why free contraception? Abstinence is free. Why does someone have to pay for them to have sex?

But the more important point is that the ladies are angry. They need hope and love and self respect. A main purpose of my blog is to learn to speak to women who have been harmed. I want to let them know that they deserve more than empty sex has to offer. I want them to know that real men want to love them and want their respect in return. They deserve better than they even know. And the men want better too. It is a matter of joining forces toward something much more beautiful than empty sexual gratification.

Another topic I want to address is the issue of public breast-feeding. I fully believe that the Puritan mentality of the so-called nostalgic eras, has led to a rise in contraception. Breast-feeding is the most natural way to space conceptions, but our society says, "cover that UP!" Even many women who believe they are pro-woman say it must be done, "discreetly." Discreet: many definitions has that word, none of which make sense for breast-feeding.

One of the other ideas I want to address is the direction our society is going in changing the definitions of men and women. I am wondering how far we will go in accepting same sex relationships as interchangeable with opposite sex ones. Will it begin to have an effect on such commonplace things as identifying plugs and receivers as male and female? Will the Olympics be adding a "pairs skating" for men, and for women? How far are we going to go as a society in getting rid of the reality of complementarity? At what point will society decide that one or the other sex is expendable?

Those are three topics I will be exploring in the near future. I pray I have time to expand the ideas. Maybe if I would just do as my dad is always saying and..., "Get to the point!" I would have more time to write because I would be writing fewer words. But then the point of my blog is to share and expand ideas and experiences. That takes a lifetime.

No comments: