Monday, July 5, 2010

Going Public With This

So I have blogged on and off for a few years now, very quietly, in the shadows, back in a dark corner. (Actually that is quite literal. I often write in the dark of my living room after everyone has gone to bed.) I have about 3 regular readers so far. (Hi there!) My gratitude to them cannot be measured. You have kept me writing when I feared no one wanted to hear my message. Thank you for that. Now finally I am making attempts to go public with this blog. The message to be free from contraception is an important one. It affects more aspects of all of our lives than most people realize. I started this blog when I realized that the topic still comes up every. single. day. I was on a path to self destruction for many years and my way out was changing my mindset. This blog is about how and why I became a former contracepter.

So I now have a link to subscribe with email that picks up my RSS feed (Yay me, for knowing who to talk to translate that previous sentence.) I am thankful to flocknote.com for making that possible. It is a site attempting to make it more convenient to communicate with your Catholic parish, your area, and your diocese. I hope they are successful. Please go and check them out even if you don't want to subscribe to my ramblings quite yet. I am still working up the courage to post this to my page on facebook (That clattering sound you hear are my knees knocking and my teeth chattering.) I will begin by sending a few people a private message to this link and see where it goes.

My grandest wish of this blog is to reach those who need it most. I want to be a voice of Truth without coming off as self-righteous. As I said when I first started posting here, I have some pretty amazing friends who do contracept, whom I can, and do, learn new ideas from every day. I want to reach those women who have been harmed and now use contraception in self-defense. I want to reach those young men who are beginning to believe that in fact, "Everyone is doing it,"and they need to join up. I want to help heal those wounds, calm those fears, and show compassion. I want this to be a safe place for people to ask the hard questions and I want to take the time to answer them, if I can, and direct them to a better source if I cannot.

In short, yes, I do want to save the world. (Well, at least my little corner of it.) Thanks for reading and please have a joyful day.

2 comments:

Christina said...

May the Lord bless you with the courage to go forward with what he is calling you to do. :)

Debbie said...

Thank you Christina. I am always open ideas too, both for the message, and for getting it out there.