Thursday, July 15, 2010

My Secret Life as a Catholic

As I go more and more public with my writing, my secret life is going to be exposed. For so many years I hid the fact that I was a Catholic, so much so that I have friends who probably think I am a convert. That is truly sad.

Most people have known that I am against abortion, but I have no idea how many people I know realize that I believe that there is a connection between abortion and contraception. As my writing reaches more people, I have more potential for offending. I don't want to offend, but at the same time, pulling punches never got me far. It is out of my character to say anything other than exactly what I think. During those years of hiding my beliefs, I never lied. I just never spoke up. I wanted everyone to just get along. I didn't like to be controversial.

But as the divide grows I feel I cannot remain quiet anymore. If my confessions can help anyone, then I am obligated to share.

No comments: